If you’re in the market for the best office copier for your business and needs, you have a lot of choices. A multifunction printer, or MFP, combines the functions of a printer, copier, scanner, and fax machine into one. The best office copier is the one you do not overpay for because you understand the features and speed you need before you compare office copiers. You can help significantly improve workflow and reduce costs by purchasing one that matches your needs. Your workflow and the number of users who will share the printer play a big part in deciding which copier to buy or lease. Of course it needs to print and make copies. What else do you need to do?
- Do you also need to scan documents? You need to look for a copier that comes equipped with capture software that integrates with your IT infrastructure or works with your current capture software.
- Are you attempting to streamline business processes? You need good network connectivity.
- Do you need to fax?
- Do you need color or only black and white?
- Do you need to staple, hole punch, or other finishing options?
You also need to consider your daily printer demands. What volume do you print/copy/scan daily? Weekly? Monthly?
All of these questions – and more – will determine device selection.
Before choosing a multifunction printer, make sure you understand the capabilities of each and if the one you’re considering will meet all of your daily needs.
Some top copiers to consider as a starting point. Here are the 5 top rated models for small to mid sized office setting:
- Canon imageRUNNER Advance C7580i II (Color)
- Canon imageRUNNER Advance C5560i (Color)
- Ricoh MP 2555SP (B&W)
- Kyocera TASK alfa 8052ci (Color)
- Canon imageRUNNER Advance C3530i (Color)